Be Happy. It's Fairly Easy.

Positive thinking, that is to say, REAL positive thinking, is not just 'pretending' that everything is rainbows and butterflies. That my dear, is disillusionment. Positive thinking is seeing the world at face value. All of it's terror, all of it's repulsive, despicable realities, and finding the good hiding in its midst. To think positively, is to be proactive about creating a better future in which atrocities are not as frequent. On the most fundamental level. If you strive to be optimistic, don't just be wishy-washy and bubbly. Be determined to create a perfect world no matter what the cost and inspired by even the smallest glimmers of sunshine. I am an optimist. I am not blind to the tragedies of this world. But I am still happy.

Friday, February 10, 2012

On Jealousy and What It's Become

Before I even start, I would like to make EXPLICITLY clear, that this is an opinion... What I have noticed in my near insignificant existence on this Earth. Only my interpretation of the facts laid out before me.
Moving on...
I have had many people ask me why I never get jealous with my partners. I never mind when they check out strangers or talk to ex's or hang out with overly amorous friends. My answer to this question is simple. I trust them. If I didn't trust them, we wouldn't be together. The counterargument to this seems to be 'Well, I trust my lover, it's those other bitches I worry about.'
I don't understand this. Third parties involved, have absolutely nothing to do with the fact that YOUR PARTNER IS THE ONE THAT AGREES OR DISAGREES TO ACCEPT THEIR ADVANCES. Apologies for the type-shouting, but I need to emphasize my point. Say I have a boyfriend, but I'm still on good terms with an ex. One day I go out for coffee with this ex, because we're friends and I haven't seen him in a while. Many would agree with my boyfriend for being jealous, particularly if my ex is known for being... 'Always Overly Amorous' let's say. To me, this boyfriends feelings of jealousy (which is defined as: resentment against a rival, a person enjoying success or advantage, etc., or against another's success or advantage itself) come across as nothing more than uncalled for mistrust. Ok, so this ex of mine is a bit slutty. He may even still hold feelings for me. But I am the one to say yes or no. I am the one responsible for maintaining monogamy in my current relationship. And should I commit an act of adultery, I am the one to held accountable. No. One. Else.
As such, I never understand when one woman tells another woman "Stop talkin to my man, bitch!"
If he's really 'yours' you don't have to resort to such tactics. Maybe I am completely misguided, but every circumstance I have ever encountered in this regard, the significant other being jealous has trust issues (that I have noticed anyway).
Jealousy as it used to be know, (Oh man I really want his car!) has it's place in the world, albeit a rather small one.

Jealousy as it's known now, (If that dude looks at my girl one more time I'm gonna cold-cock him.) is a completely useless emotion, and is in fact, another emotion entirely, who's place in this world may be even smaller that the original jealousies role.

No comments:

Post a Comment