Be Happy. It's Fairly Easy.

Positive thinking, that is to say, REAL positive thinking, is not just 'pretending' that everything is rainbows and butterflies. That my dear, is disillusionment. Positive thinking is seeing the world at face value. All of it's terror, all of it's repulsive, despicable realities, and finding the good hiding in its midst. To think positively, is to be proactive about creating a better future in which atrocities are not as frequent. On the most fundamental level. If you strive to be optimistic, don't just be wishy-washy and bubbly. Be determined to create a perfect world no matter what the cost and inspired by even the smallest glimmers of sunshine. I am an optimist. I am not blind to the tragedies of this world. But I am still happy.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Two Decades, Two Years, and a Day

Well, another year has gone by, and I find myself wondering when the 'grown up epiphany' is going to come around. When I was a wee tot, I remember looking at the 20-somethings in my life and wondering, I wonder what that feels like, the be so aware of the world... And now that I'm here, I realize I was quite deluded, or at the very least, 20-somethings in the 90's knew more about the world than 20-somethings in the current century. The more I ponder, I also realize that 'knowledge' is kind of subjective. I've been told that I 'have my shit together' more than anyone my age... and yet, I don't think I would agree with that. Granted, I will openly admit that I don't really associate with my generation because they are absolutely clueless [generalization], but I wouldn't venture that I'm all that awesome... When I look at my mother, my grandparents, the previous generations, they seem to have such an amazing sense of the world... and I'm jealous. Perhaps it comes with parenting? Or maybe I just need to wait another 20 years. Oh well. For now, I'm perfectly content gliding along, almost completely oblivious.

No comments:

Post a Comment